If for some unknown reason you want to change the thickness of windows’ borders, this article shows you the light. By default, Windows Vista windows have a border of size of 4 pixel on all sides. You can increase or decrease the size of borders. The following picture shows an example:
Note : You must have administrator credentials for changing border thickness.
- Right-click on en empty area on your desktop and select Personalize.
- Click on Windows Color and Appearance.
- Click on Open classic appearance properties
- Click on button labeled Advanced
- From the dropdown list select Border Padding and select a value for the border thickness. The default value is 4.
- Click OK and then Apply to save the changes.