The phrase “passport size photo” is very confusing. The dimensions of passport size photo vary from place to place. For example, in India a general passport size photo is 3.5cm x 3cm whereas in Japan a general passport size photo is 4.5cm x 3.5cm. But now you can create dimensionally correct passport size photographs using an online tool at www.epassportphoto.com. Here is how:
- Visit www.epassportphoto.com.
- Choose your country (if not auto-selected) from the dropdown list.
- Choose a dimension for your passport size photograph.
- Click on Get my free passport photos as shown
- Browse an image file from which you want to create the pasport sized photo. Click Next
- Drag and select a portion which would appear in the photo using your mouse. The two green lines should come between the top of your head and your chin. Click Next when ready.
The following image (size reduced) is the outcome using a picture of Natalie Portman. As you can see, it contains fifteen passport size photographs created from the original picture. You can print this sheet on a color printer and cut the photos evenly out. If you do not have a printer, you can use an online printing service on the same site.