By default, you have only seven or eight gadgets installed in Windows 7, for ezample, Clock, Weather, News and Calendar etc. If you want to install more gadgets, you can download them from Microsoft’s site and install them. Here is how :
- Visit http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/personalize?T1=desktopgadgets
- You would find many gadgets. You would see a blue download button under every gadget. Click on the blue download button. It will take you to that gadget’s download page.
- It will take you to that gadget’s download page. Click again on the Download button. You might see a pop up dialog box. Click on Install to download the gadget.
- You might see a pop up dialog box if the gadget is non-Microsoft. Click on Install to download the gadget. Save it to a folder on your hard disk.
- Double click on the downloaded gadget file (in our case it is Language_Translator.gadget). If the gadget is unverified (non-Microsoft), then you might see the security warning dialog box. Click Install to finally install the gadget.
- Immediately after the installation, you would see the gadget in the right-side of your Windows’ desktop.