Windows 7 has an advanced firewall which you can use to block or allow programs to access the internet. It can prevent you from hackers attacking your computer from outside. It cal also prevent you from the malicious programs to download further malware. Sometimes, when you mess the settings of the Windows Firewall, you wish if you can just restore the settings to their default state and start over. You can exactly do that, here is how :
- Open Start Menu → Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on the View By : and select Small Icons as shown
- Click on the Windows Firewall link in the Control Panel.
- Click on the Restore Defaults link on the left side as shown
- Finally click on the Restore defaults button as shown
- Click Yes when asked for the confirmation.