Sometimes when you try to open a web site, the browser says something like server not found. This may be due to numerous reasons like webserver is down, or site is undergoing domain name server changes etc. It may also be possible if your internet connection is dropping. There is a quick way to know if you are the only one experiencing a web site down times? Here is how :
- Visit http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/.
- Type the web site for which you are experiencing server down errors
- Click on or just me? to proceed.
- If you are the only one getting the site down error, you will see something like this :
- If everyone is getting the site down error, you will see something like this :
If you are the only one getting site down error, then it may be that your internet service is having problems. You should also check by changing your DNS servers.
Here is how you can change the DNS servers in Windows Vista and Windows 7 : http://www.trishtech.com/internet/google_dns_servers_for_faster_browsing.php. The article is for Google public DNS servers but the mentioned method applies for all DNS servers.