When you click on the pinned Explorer icon in the taskbar of Windows 7, it always opens Libraries. In the previous versions of Windows, it opened the My Computer or the Computer folders. If you want the Explorer to open the special Computer folder by default, you can follow these instructions :
- Press the Shift key on your keyboard and right-click on the pinned Explorer icon in the taskbar as shown.
- From the right-click menu, select Properties. This would open the Explorer shortcut Properties window.
- Select the Shortcut tab if it is not already selected.
- In the Target : field , type in
- Click OK to save the settings.
Note : The Computer folder will be opened in the Windows Explorer when you click the Windows Explorer shortcut pinned in the taskbar only. It will not work for any other shortcuts. You will have to follow the same steps for each of the shortcuts.