Mozilla Firefox is the most customizable web browser. You can install add-ons and plugins to increase or modify its functionality. FastestFox is a Firefox add-on which claims to make web browsing using Firefox very fast. Here is how you can use FastestFox :
- Visit https://addons.mozilla.org/ in your Firefox browser.
- Click on the green Add to Firefox button to install the FastestFox add-on
- Restart Firefox to complete the installation of the add on.
Once you have FastestFox installed, you are ready to use it. Here are some of the salient features of the FastestFox add-on :
- Hightlight any word by selecting it using your mouse cursor and you will see its definition using Wikipedia.
- You can download all the images from a picture gallery page, or all the links to files in a page by right clicking on that page and selecting Download page images or Download page links
- On web pages that have pagination at the bottom and you have to click a Next link to visit the next page, the next page is automatically loaded without you having to do anything. When you scroll down, the next page is started. The following picture shows how the next page of Google search page is auto-loaded :
- It converts any text link into an actual clickable link. For example, a link like http://www.trishtech.com/ would be converted into http://www.trishtech.com/.