You can send a file or folder, to a program by right-clicking on it and choosing a sub-item from the Send To sub menu. If you send a file or folder to a program in the Send To menu, then the selected item would be opened in the destination program. You can add a custom destination program in the Send To menu. Here is how :
In the following instructions, we will be adding Notepad to the Send To menu.
- Select a destination program in Windows Explorer by clicking on it. Right-click on it and select Copy. You can also press the key combination Ctrl + C after selecting a program.
- Press the keyboard combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type %userprofile%SendTo in the Run dialog and press Enter.
- This would open the SendTo folder.
- Right click anywhere in this folder and select Paste Shortcut.
- You can rename the shortcut to any name you want to appear in the Send To menu.
- That’s it. Now when you right-click on a file or folder, you can choose to copy it to your custom program using the Send To sub menu.