Most of the malware attacks are due to outdated browsers and plugins, as they may contain unpatched vulnerabilities. You can check whether your browser and its various add-ons or plugins are up-to-date using the Qualy’s Browser Check. It can check Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. Here is how :
- Start your browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer or Chrome) and visit https://browsercheck.qualys.com/.
- Click on the big green Install Plugin button to start installation of Qualy’s Browser Check plugin.
- After installation of the plugin, restart your browser and re-visit the web page https://browsercheck.qualys.com/
- Click on the big blue Scan Now button to start scanning of your browser.
- After scanning you will be shown the result. If a browser, or its plugin is up-to-date then you would see a green arrow. If you see a red or orange colored arrow, then that component is outdated and you need to update it. After updating that component, re-scan your browser to find out if you are secure now.
For more information, you can read their frequently asked questions page : https://browsercheck.qualys.com/support.php#s2.