When you play a song, CD/DVD or movie in Windows Media Player it saves the played item in the list of frequently played items. It also stores information about all the devices that you have ever connected to the computer. This may be a privacy risk for some people and you might want to clear this history. Here is how you can clear the history of Windows Media Player 12 :
- Start Windows Media Player.
- Right click anywhere on the toolbar and select Tools → Options as shown,
- This would open the Options window. In this window, select the Privacy tab.
- Click on the button labeled Clear History to clear the list of played items. Then click on the button labeled Clear Cache to clear the information about the various devices you connected to the computer.
- Click OK button to close the Options window.