All the documents you open in Windows get enlisted in the Recent Documents list which you can access from the Start Menu. If you share your computer with many people and do not want others to know which documents you accessed, then you might want to clear the recent documents list every time you log off or shutdown. Here is how :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type gpedit.msc and press Enter to start the Group Policy Editor.
- In the Group Policy Editor navigate to User Configuration → Administrative Templates → Start Menu & Taskbar.
- Locate an entry Clear history of recently opened documents on exit on the right side pane as shown,
- Double click on this entry, choose Enabled and click OK to save the changes
- Close the Group Policy Editor window.