Starting from the version 3.64, Mozilla Firefox starts a separate process for plugins like Adobe Flash, Adobe Air etc. so that if these plugins crash they crash in a separate process. This avoids the main browser process not to crash along with the plugins. The separate process is started using the binary file plugin-container.exe. If you do not like the idea, you can stop this. Here is how :
- Open your Firefox browser.
- Type about:config in the location bar and press Enter.
- Click on the button I’ll be careful, I promise to proceed
- In the Filter text box type dom.ipc, you would find six entries as shown :
- Double-click on all the entries with values true to change their values to false. It would look like this :
- You can close the settings tab now. Now the plugin-container.exe is disabled and Firefox will use the plug-ins in the old fashion.