The Control Panel in the modern Start Menu of Windows XP is shown as a link. But if you want to show it as an expandable menu, then you can do so very easily. This way you can select a Control Panel item right from the Start Menu. Here is how :
- Right click anywhere on the Start Menu and select Properties.
- In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, click on the Customize button as shown,
- In the Customize Start Menu window, select the Advanced tab.
- select Display as a menu as the Control Panel option under the Start menu items,
- Click OK button to save the changes.