Windows 7 has a highly limited user account called the Guest account. This account has bare minimum privileges and is ideal for people (like relatives) who want to use your computer for a few minutes. You do not want them to use your own account and you do not want to create a new account for few minutes. In such a situation, you can let them use the Guest account. But the Guest account is disabled by default in Windows 7. Here is how to turn on the Guest account in Windows 7 :
- Open Control Panel from Start Menu.
- In the Control Panel, navigate to User Account and Family Safety → User Accounts.
- Click on the Manage another account link on the bottom as shown,
- Then click on the Guest account picture as shown,
- Click on the button labeled Turn On to enable this account as shown,