If your Firefox is acting sluggish or hanging up, then you may want to create a new profile. When you create a new profile and run Firefox using this new profile, it is like you have installed Firefox afresh. Here is how to create a new Firefox profile :
- Close all the windows of Mozilla Firefox.
- Press the keyboard combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type firefox.exe -P and press Enter key.
- In the window that opens, click on Create Profile button to start the new profile creation wizard.
- In the wizard, click Next to proceed. In the next step, type the name of the new profile and click Finish to create the profile.
- You would see the new profile listed in the window that opened in step #4. Select the new profile and click Start Firefox to start Firefox in the new profile.
From now on, whenever you start Firefox it will start in the new profile. If you want to select a different profile, then follow the same steps to select a different profile.