All the software companies sign their files with a digital signature in an attempt yo maintain the files integrity. If somehow that file is changed (by a virus, malware, hacker or a badly written software etc.) then it may be a cause for the alarm that your system integrity is violated. You ca verify and find which files are not digitally signed or have invalid signatures in your Windows Vista. Here is how :
- Press the keyboard combination Windows logo key + R to bring up the Run dialog.
- Type sigverif in the Run dialog and press Enter key.
- In the File Signature Verification window, Click Start to start the verification process,
- After a little scanning you will be presented with the results
- You can investigate the files shown further, if they are legitimate or some malicious files. To do so you can upload the files to VirusTotal.com and see if they are good or malicious files.
- Click OK to apply the settings and install SNMP.