Did you want to find out about your computer system more? Windows Vista has an in-built tool, msinfo32, which can show you all the information including hardware, software, peripheral components etc. This is how you can run msinfo32 and view your system information :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type msinfo32.exe and press Enter.
- This would open the System Information window showing you all the system summary as shown :
- If you want to search for a particular information, then you can type the query words in the Find what box and click on the Find button. For example, if you want to find the amount of RAM in your computer. Type RAM and click on Find button. The results are shown highlighted.
Clicking on Find Next shows you the next result in the found list.
- You can also export the system information from the file menu by selecting File → Export. The information is exported into a plain text file.