When you start Windows Vista, the first thing you see is the logon screen where you can select a username and enter the password to logon to Windows. If you have got tired of the default logon background then you can change the background of this logon screen to any picture you like. Here is how :
- Download Stardock Logon Studio (freeware) from http://www.stardock.com/products/logonstudio/.
- After the installation, run the Logon Studio. Logon Studio comes with many welcome screens. But you can also download more logon screens by clicking on the Download button.
- After you have selected a welcome logon screen, click the Apply button on the bottom. The welcome screen will be changed.
- You can also create your own welcome logon screens using any picture you want, by clicking on the Create button.
- If you want to revert back to the default Windows Vista logon screen, then select the Windows Default logon screen and click Apply.