If you have more than one user account in your Windows XP based computer, then you automatically get the load of another service – Fast User Switching service. If you do not use fast user switching, then you can disable it and save useful system resources. Here is how :
- Press the keyboard shortcut Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type services.msc and press Enter to open the Services control.
- In the Services list, scroll down and find a service named Fast User Switching Compatibility
- Double-click on it and click on Stop button,
- Select Disabled from the drop down list as shown,
- Click OK to save the settings.