When you have freshly installed Windows Vista, the first thing you see on startup is the Welcome Center. After some time, it becomes a headache and you want to disable it. Here is how you can disable it :
When Welcome Center starts, you will notice a small checkbox on its lower left corner as shown,
All you have to do is simple un-check this checbox and Welcome Center will not show up at startup.
- Download AutoRuns from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx
- Extract the contents to a folder and run autoruns.exe.
- After it finishes scanning all auto-running programs, select the Logon tab.
- Uncheck the checkbox labeled WindowsWelcomeCenter as shown.
- That’s it. You will no longer see the Welcome Center at startup.