Like its predecessor, Windows Vista also offers many of Windows logo hotkeys. For example, you can press Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog. But if for some reason you want to disable these Windows logo hotkeys, you can disable as shown below :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type gpedit.msc in the Run dialog and press Enter. This would start the Local Group Policy Editor.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to User Configuration → Administrative Templates → Windows Components → Windows Explorer as shown
- Scroll down the list on the right side pane and find Turn off Windows + X hotkeys.
- Double-click on Turn off Windows + X hotkeys and choose Enabled and click OK to save the settings.