If you cannot find an audio device in the Control Panel, then there is a possibility that it is disabled. Windows hides the disabled devices by default, so you cannot see them. But you can enable them using the instructions in this article :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type mmsys.cpl in the Run dialog and press Enter.
- In the Sound window, select a tab — Recording tab or Playback tab. Choose a tab under which you think your missing audio de vice might be listed. For example, a missing Line In device should be listed under the Recording tab.
- Right-click anywhere on an empty area under the list of devices and choose Show disabled devices as shown,
- You will see the disabled devices in the list now. Choose a disabled device you want. Right-click on it and select Enable as shown,
- Click OK to save the settings.