If you want to show the Windows Vista version on your desktop just for the sake of fun, then you would have to do a little registry editing. The version string is shown on the bottom right of your desktop and shows the Windows Vista as well as the build number. Here is how :
- Press the keyboard combination Windows logo key + R to bring up the Run dialog.
- Type regedit in the Run dialog and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following registry key in the Registry Editor :
- Locate a DWORD value named PaintDesktopVersion in the right side pane. Double-click on it and change its value to 1,
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.