When you right-click on the Desktop and choose Gadgets from the right-click menu, a gadgets gallery window opens up. At the bottom-right of this gallery window, there is a website link labeled Get more gadgets online. If you click on it, a Microsoft gadgets website is opened in your web browser. But you can modify this link to open any website you want. Here is how :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type gpedit.msc in the Run dialog and press Enter.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor navigate to
Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → Windows Components → Desktop Gadgets.
- You would find a setting on the right hand side pane — Override the mode gadgets link as shown,
- Click on this setting, choose Enabled. Then type the website address (URL) of the site you want to open when someone click on Get more gadgets online link in the gadgets gallery window. In the following picture, I have typed Google’s website URL. Click OK when done.
- Close the Local Group Policy Editor window.