In Windows 7 every user has a user name which is also called the account name. If you are tired of your username and want to change it, then you can do so easily in Windows 7. Changing the user account name will not change the user profile folder name. Here is how :
- Login to your Windows 7 account (the account you want to change name of).
- Open Control Panel by clicking on Start Menu and then clicking on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, navigate to User Accounts and Family Safety → User Accounts.
- Click on Change your account name.
- In the next window, type in the new account name. Then click on the button labeled Change Name.
- That’s it. You have changed your account name. You can see the changed account name on the Start Menu.