Apple Safari web browser is one of most elegant looking web browsers available today. It has an integrated bookmarks bar built into the Safari browser window, so your most frequently used bookmarks are always visible without cluttering your screen. Though the bookmarks bar automatically shows the most visited websites but you can also manually add a category and websites in it. Here is how :
- Open your Safari browser. You can open it from the Apple Safari shortcut on your desktop, from the QuickLaunch bar or from the Start Menu. Once the Safari web-browser has started, right-click on the bookmarks bar and choose New Folder as shown
- Type in a name for the new category and click OK. You can choose any name of you prefer. You should choose a category name that reflects what kind of websites you are going to add to that category. For example, we choose Games for games sites because we will be putting bookmarks of game related websites under this category.
- You would immediately see the new category added to the Safari bookmarks bar. Now visit a website which you want to add to this category. For example, we visit Yahoo! games at http://games.yahoo.com/. When the website you want to bookmark is open, press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D. Choose the newly added category under the Bookmarks Bar as shown
- Click on the Add button to add the bookmark.
- You will see that the website has been added to your new category in the Bookmarks Bar in Apple Safari.