How would you know if a link on a website is not malicious? How would you know if a file download link is not linked to a malware download? Do not worry, you can check and scan all links for malware using VTchromizer in the Chrome browser. VTchromizer is a Chrome browser extension using which you can scan any link for malware. Here is how :
- Visit https://chrome.google.com/extensions/ in the Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the blue Install button to install the VTchromizer extension
- It will prompt you for confirmation. Click on Install to proceed.
- After VTchromizer is installed in your Chrome browser, you are ready to use it. Just right-click on any link you want to scan and choose Scan with VirusTotal.
- A new tab will be opened with the VirusTotal results page. VirusTotal will scan the link and show you the results in few seconds.
- You can take the decision to visit the link or not by looking at the VirusTotal scan results page.
For more information about the VTchromizer extension, you can visit this site : http://www.virustotal.com/advanced.html#browser-addons.