The Session Store feature of the Mozilla Firefox web browser can restore all the previously open tabs and windows when your Firefox browser restarts in case of a crash. The Session Store has a setting of how many tabs it can restore in such a situation. The default value is 10 tabs but you can modify it to increase or decrease the maximum number of restorable tabs. Here is how :
- Start Mozilla Firefox.
- Type about:config in the location bar and press Enter.
- Firefox will show a warning. Click on the button labeled I’ll be careful I promise. to proceed.
- In the Filter field type session. You would see a preference named browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo as shown,
- Double click on browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo to change its value. You can enter any postive integer you want. The default value is 10. If you enter a very small number then only that many tabs would be restored upon a crash. If you enter a large number, then it might make Firefox sluggish.
- After changing the value, restart the browser for the changes to take effect.
For more information, you can consult the Mozilla knowledgebase article here : http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo.