If your computer is infected with malware and you do not have an antivirus product installed or your present antivirus is not able to remove the malware, then you can scan your computer with the ESET Online Scanner. The ESET Online Scanner is a user friendly, free and powerful tool which you can use to remove malware from any PC utilizing only your web browser without having to install anti-virus software. ESET Online Scanner uses the same ThreatSense technology and signatures as ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus, and is always up-to-date.
You can follow these easy steps to scan and remove malware from your computer using the ESET Online Scanner.
- Download the ESET Smart Installer from http://download.eset.com/special/eos/esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe.
- After downloading the components from the internet, the ESET Online Scanner will show its main window. You can choose various options before starting to scan. You can choose to remove found threats, which area of your computer to scan, to use Anti-Stealth technology etc. If you are confused, leave all the settings to default. Click Scan to start the scanning.
- The ESET Online Scanner will start download virus definitions from their server. This process of downloading may take some time if you do not have a fast connection. On my 2Mbps Internet connection, it took around two minutes. If you have a slower connection, you can go and enjoy a fresh cup of coffee while the downloading finishes.
- After the downloading of the virus definitions, the ESET Online Scanner will auto-start scanning of the pre-selected areas (all local hard disks and the operating memory by default). The scanning process may take a very long time if you have a large hard disk.
- After the scanning and the cleaning of any found threats is over, you will be shown a report of how many threats were found and cleaned. If no threats are found, you will simply see an information window that no threats were found.
- You can choose to uninstall the Online Scanner application and remove the quarantined threats upon exit. Click on the Finish button to close the ESET Online Scanner.
For more information, you can visit the ESET Online Scanner web site at http://www.eset.com/online-scanner.