How many times, do you make up your mind to work hard only to be distracted by the amazing world of the Internet? You sit down to work on your computer and soon you find yourself checking facebook, email, twitter, youtube, latest news headlines etc. Do not worry, you can stop yourself from being led away by the temptations of the Internet using the Stay Focused extension for the Google Chrome browser. Here is how :
- Visit Stay Focused extension page in your Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the blue Install button to install the Stay Focused extension.
- It will prompt you for confirmation. Click on Install to proceed.
- As soon as you install the Stay Focused extension, you are ready to use. You will see the Stay Focused icon on the Chrome toolbar, click on it and then click on the Settings.
- Click on the Max Time Allowed and set the number of minutes you want to allow yourself to use a blocked website everyday. If you set 20 minutes, then you will be able to use a blocked site only for 20 minutes daily. The default amount of time is 10 minutes.
- Next, we will add sites to the blocked sites list. Click on the Blocked Sites. Type one URL per line and click the button labeled Add Blocked Sites.
- That’s it. Now if you have used any of the blocked sites for more than the allowed time limit, that site would be blocked for 24 hours. If you attempt to visit a blocked site, you would be taken to the Stay Focused site asking you this question :