Mozilla Firefox has emerged as an extremely popular web browser for all the operating systems. It is always a good idea to keep a backup of Firefox settings in case you lose your data or your hard disk becomes corrupt. You can create a backup of all your Firefox settings using FEBE (Firefox Environment Backup Extension). FEBE is itself an add-on for Firefox using which you can create a backup of all your installed add-ons and other profile settings.
FEBE backs up your extensions, themes, bookmarks, preferences, passwords, cookies and just about everything else Firefox offers (it can even backup and restore your entire profile). You can selectively restore only the items you need. For instance, you may just want your bookmarks restored and leave everything else as it was.
Some of the features of the FEBE add-on are :
- Easily accessible from the Toolbar.
- You can schedule automatic backups.
- You can save backups in time-stamped folders to easily identify when the backups were created.
- It can show a backup reminder.
- Comprehensive results report with links to the author