If you shop online a lot, many a times you come across foreign web sites selling something that you so much want to buy, but the cost of the item is given in a foreign currency. You can always use Google to lookup for it and convert the foreign currency into your local currency. But if you are a Mozilla Firefox user, then you do not have to google it – you can just use the Simple Currency Converter add-on. The Simple Currency Converter add-on performs the currency conversions at the click of a button. Here is how :
- Visit https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/simple-currency-converter/ in the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on the green colored Add to Firefox button to install the Simple Currency Converter add-on.
- It will prompt you for confirmation. Click on Install Now to proceed. Restart your web browser to complete the installation.
- After Firefox has restarted, you will be ready to use the Simple Currency Converter add-on. Now when you visit an online web store with prices written in a foreign currency, just click on the round dollar-like button in the Firefox toolbar, next to the address bar as shown.
- Firefox will automatically change the foreign currency values into your local currency on the current web page. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + Shift + L to perform the automatic currency conversion. If you click the toolbar button again or use the keyboard shortcut again, the original currency values are restored on the webpage.
- You can open add-on Preferences from the menubar Tools → Add-ons. Then select Simple Currency Converter and click on the Options button.
- In the preferences, you can set the regional settings manually, if you are satisfied with the automatically detected settings. You can also change the currency format to appear as you like.
The Simple Currency Converter add-on really simplifies the whole painful process of the foreign currency conversion. It takes the conversion rates from the Exchange Rates, UK. This is definitely a must to have and very productive add-on for every Firefox user.