Internet Explorer 9 supports tab-groups. When you choose to open a link in a new tab, the new tab is grouped together with the existing tab. Each tab group in the Internet Explorer is assigned a random color. By looking at the color of the opened tabs you can see which tabs belong to the same tab-group. If you do not like this colored tab groups, then you can disable the tabbed grouping (the colored tabs) in Internet Explorer. Here is how :
- Run Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on the settings icon (gear like icon) on the top-right. Then select Internet Options as shown,
- Select the General tab in the Internet Options window.
- Click on the Settings button under the Tabs section as shown,
- Uncheck the checkbox labeled Enable Tab Groups and click OK as shown,
- Close the Internet Options window and restart the Internet Explorer.