CCleaner is a freeware tool from Piriform which allows you to clean the history of all kinds in Windows including the browser history. It is a nice idea to run CCleaner everyday and get rid of all the junk that gets accumulated in your computer as you surf the Internet. Even better is to run CCleaner and then automatically shutdown Windows so that CCleaner cleans your computer and turn off your computer. Here is how you can make CCleaner to clean junk and then shutdown Windows 7 automatically :
- Download CCleaner from http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner and install it on your computer.
- Run CCleaner and set different options for cleaning various items and then close it.
- Right-click anywhere on your desktop and choose New → Shortcut from the right-click menu.
- In the location field, copy-paste or type the following and click Next.
“%programfiles%CCleanerCCleaner.exe” /auto /shutdown
- For the shortcut name, type something like Run CCleaner and Shutdown and click Finish.
- This would create a shortcut on your desktop, double-clicking on which would run CCleaner in the automatic mode (in this mode it starts cleaning by itself) and then shutdown the Windows. So instead of shutting down your Windows computer using the Start Menu, just double-click on this shortcut and it will clean and shutdown Windows by itself.