The internet is full of spammers ready to find out email address so that he can spam you for months and years. But thanks to Yahoo!, you can now create disposable email addresses to use whenever you do not want to share your real Yahoo! email address. Then use this email address in forums and registration forms where you suspect a spammer sitting behind the curtain. You will receive all messages sent to the disposable address. If, at any time, any one of your disposable addresses starts receiving spam, you can just delete that email address. Here is how you can create a disposable Yahoo! email address :
- Visit the Yahoo! Mail web site http://mail.yahoo.com/ in your browser. Login to your Yahoo! account, if you are not already logged in.
- After you have logged in, click on Options in the top-right corner and select More Options from the menu.
- In the Options page that opens, select Disposable Email Addresses on the left side. Then click on the Add Address as shown.
- You will be asked to choose a base name step 1. Type anything you want to be the base name. For example, you can choose your actual name or name of an actor you like etc. Click Next to continue.
- Then in step 2, you have to choose a keyword for your disposable email address. This keyword should be chosen in such a way as to remind you where you are planning to use this email address. You also get to choose in which folder you would like to recieve the messages sent to this email address. Additionally, you can choose an indicator color too so that you can identify the message by the color right away.
- Click on the Save button to save the new disposable address. Now you can start using this email address as you want. You can create upto five hundred such disposable email addresses. You can also remove or edit these disposable email addresses later as you wish.