It has happened to all of us that we want to play a song but it is on a device we forgot at home. This is a frustrating moment. But now you do not have to worry about those situations. You can use mSpot free cloud music storage service to store your music and play it from anywhere through any device like PC, Mac, Android, iPhone etc. The mSpot service is free for up to 5 gigabytes (about 4000 songs) of storage. For larger storage services, you have to pay a monthly fee. Here is how you can use mSpot :
- Visit the mSpot web site at https://www.mspot.com/music/startnow. This would auto-detect your operating system (Windows or Mac) and start downloading the appropriate mSpot uploader software. After the download is finished, install the mSpot uploader and run it.
- When mSpot uploader runs for the first time, it would ask you to create a new account (or input your exisiting account credentials). Choose to create a new account and proceed with on-screen directions. During this process you are asked your email address and location of your music library (folder on your hard disk where your music files are stored). You must choose at least one music location on your hard disk to proceed.
- As soon as you finish the account creation process, the mSpot uploader starts uploading your music files to their cloud storage. You can see the mSpot icon in the notification area showing the upload process. The uploading process may take a considerable time depending on your internet speed and size of your music library.
- After uploading of all the music files is complete, you can right-click on the mSpot notification area icon and select Go to web player. This would open a new web browser window showing your mSpot storage page. Alternatively, you can point your web browser directly to http://www.mspot.com/music/player and login to your account.
- In your mSpot account page, you would see all the songs you have uploaded. Just double-click on any song you want to play and it would start playing right inside your web browser.
mSpot is a great way to always stay connected to your music collection, no matter where you are. You can use mSpot on any computer or mobile device that has an internet connection and has Adobe Flash Player installed. mSpot also offers free apps for Android and iPhone devices. So if you want free cloud music service to keep you in touch with your favorite songs all the time, then give mSpot a try.