Facebook has popularized the like button eveywhere on the internet. But many times people feel there should also be a dislike button, so people can see if someone disliked a web page or comment etc. If you are using the Google Chrome browser, you can add a Facebook dislike button using the FB Dislike extension. This would allow you to see a dislike button along with the Facebook like button. Here is how :
- Visit the facebook page for the FB Dislike button https://www.facebook.com/fdislike in the Google Chrome browser.
- You would find links for browser extensions at the lower right of the tha main profile picture. There are links for Firefox, Chrome and Safari add-ons. Click on the Google Chrome picture as shown in the picture below.
- On the page that opens, right-click on the download button and select Save link as from the context menu. Save the file plugin-fbdislike-chrome.crx to a folder of your choice.
- In the Chrome browser, open a new tab by pressing Ctrl + T hotkey. In the address bar of this new tab, type chrome://extensions/ and press Enter. This would open the Extensions page for your Google Chrome browser. You should un-maximize the chrome window – this is needed for the next step.
- In the Windows Explorer locate the downloaded file plugin-fbdislike-chrome.crx, drag and drop it on the Extensions page in the Google Chrome as shown in the picture below.
- Click on the Add button to confirm installing of the new extension. After installing the FB Dislike extension, just visit any Facebook web page and click on the Dislike link. First time you click on the Dislike link, it would take you to the FB Dislike app where you have to allow it to access some features of your facebook account. This is required for the FB Dislike button to work.
- Now you are ready to use the FB Dislike feature. Go ahead and click on the Dislike link at the bottom of someone’s status, photo or video. If someone has already disliked an item then you would see the dislike button show how many people have disliked it.
- That’s it. Now you can not only like but dislike people’s messages, pictures and videos on facebook.