The Social Share button is a new feature added to the version 23 and above of the Firefox web browser. The Social Share button uses the Social API to interact with the social networking sites like Facebook. Through the Social Share button you can quickly share any webpage or article with your friends over the social networking sites easily. But before you can start using the Social Share button, you have to add the social providers to Firefox. Actually, without any of these providers, the Share Button will not be visible in the Firefox toolbar. Here is how you can add providers for the Social Share button in Firefox:
- First of all, you have to download and install the latest version of Firefox web browser, because this feature is supported only in the version 23 and above of the browser.
- To add Facebook provider, navigate to https://www.facebook.com/about/messenger-for-firefox in Firefox and click on the Turn On button as shown,
- To add Cliqz provider, navigate to https://mozsocial.cliqz.com/ in Firefox and click on the Activate cliqz button as shown,
- To add msnNOW provider, navigate to https://now.msn.com/now-for-firefox in Firefox and click on the Turn it on button as shown,
- To add Mixi provider, navigate to http://mixi.jp/ in Firefox. You must be logged into your Mixi account before you can add the Mixi social provider. The Mixi account can be created only by people who live in Japan (you have to give your location and mobile number during account creation). Per se, Mixi social provider is only for those who live in Japan.
- As soon as you add a social provider, you would see the social button in the Firefox toolbar. Clicking on this social share button would open a popup with information about sharing the current webpage through social media sites.
If at any later time, you want to remove these social providers from your Firefox installation, then you can visit the about:addons in your Firefox browser, switch to the Services section and either disable or remove the social providers from the list.