Microsoft had earlier limited Internet Explorer 11 to the Windows 8.1 users only. But now they have released it for the Windows 7 users as well. Although it is going to be released in form of automatic updates, but it will take a few more weeks for the new version of Internet Explorer to arrive via automatic updates. If you do not want to wait that long, then you can always update Internet Explorer manually. Microsoft has provided setup installers for Internet Explorer 11 in more than 90 languages. You can choose any of these to start exploring what the next version of Microsoft’s browser brings to you.
You can follow these simple steps to download and install Internet Explorer 11 on your Windows 7 system:
- Visit http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ in your web browser.
- Choose a language that you use in Windows. Most of the users use English. Then select the edition of Windows 7 – 32-bit or 64-bit. Click on the Download button to download the installer.
- Run the setup installer. It may download a few more updates from the internet which are required. After downloading updates, installing them, installing Internet Explorer and language packs, it would ask you to restart Windows.
- After restarting Windows, you can open Internet Explorer 11 from Start Menu. It would show a prompt to setup basic settings for Internet Explorer. You can choose the recommended settings or customize them. There is also option to enable Do not Track request feature.
- You can click on the gear like settings icon and select About Internet Explorer from the menu to view the version of installed Internet Explorer browser.
- That’s it. Now you can start using Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 7.