If something that you look at your personal computer screen most of the time, it is the mouse cursor. You move the cursor around the screen using the mouse and your eyes follow the mouse cursor. Sometimes when the cursor gets assimilated with the screen background and you have to move the mouse around to find out where the cursor is. It is only natural to change the cursor image to something you like better, as this is the graphic that you are going to see a lot in the future too.
Fortunately, Windows operating system makes it very easy to install and use third party cursors. Here is how you can install and use third party mouse cursors in Windows:
- First of all you have to download some of the mouse cursors pack for installing in Windows. You can find them on Skinpacks website at http://skinpacks.com/category/cursor/ or just google for some of the free mouse cursor packs.
- Extract the downloaded mouse cursor pack ZIP archive to a folder. You will find all the cursor files inside it along with an “install.inf” file. Right-click on the install.inf file and choose Install from the context-menu. This will install that mouse cursor pack in your Windows PC.
- Press the hotkey Win+R to open the Run dialog. Type control main.cpl in the Run dialog and press Enter. This will open the Mouse properties in the Control Panel.
- In the Mouse Properties window, switch to the Pointers tab. You should be able to find the installed mouse cursor scheme under the Scheme drop-down listbox. Select the desired cursor scheme and click on the OK button.
- However, if your desired cursor is not available, then you can either start all over again from step 1, or click on the Browse button to manually select the cursor files (this has to be done for all different types of cursors) and click on the OK button.
Conclusion: You can make your Windows PC life a little more interesting by installing a cool mouse cursor set. There are thousands of third party mouse cursors packs available online and you installing them is very easy in Windows.