Yesterday, my niece got hold of my notebook computer and started telling me what I was looking for on facebook. At first I thought she is making a wild guess, but then I realized that I had forgotten to log out of my facebook account before handing the notebook PC over to her. And she just clicked in the search box and found out about all the people I have searched for easily. I realized that Facebook really logs all of your information including the search history and decided to erase it. Although there is a long way of clearing search history in facebook, you can clear the search history quickly right from the facebook search box. Here is how:
- First of all sign in to your facebook account in any web browser in your desktop PC.
- Click on the search box shown near the top-right place of the main facebook web page. You will see a list of your recent searches. These search lists are not stored in your local browser but on your facebook account, so even after you clean your web browser cache, the search history stays.
- Click on the small Edit link shown in the search history list.
- This will take you to the facebook settings page where you will be shown a much more detailed list of all of your search history categorized month and year wise. Click on the Clear Searches link on the top to clear all the search history.
- You will be asked to confirm the clearing of the search history after which all of your facebook search history shall be removed.
Conclusion: Facebook keeps a record of all of your search history – the people and company names that you looked for on your facebook account. Even though this search history is not visible to anyone else other than you by default, you can clear it off to get rid off the past searches.