Apple released iOS 8.3 for some of their devices some time ago. The devices that were upgraded to iOS 8.3 include iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. If you have one of these devices and want to jailbreak (gain root access) then you can use the popular TaiG tool. The new version of the TaiG tool is able to jailbreak not only iOS 8.3 but earlier versions of iOS as well. By jailbreaking your iPhone, you gain access to the root user and are able to make system level changes. This is not for everyone and you should not do it unless you fully understand what it does.
Here is how you can go about jailbreaking an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.3:
- Download the latest version of the TaiG tool on your Windows PC.
- In your iPhone, open settings and then turn off Passcode and Find my iPhone.
- Launch TaiG tool and connect your iPhone to your PC through the data cable. When the device is detected, click on the Start button.
- The jailbreaking shall proceed and might take a while before it makes all the necessary changes. You will be shown all the process and everything it is doing to your phone.
- After a couple of minutes, the iPhone will restart and then you will see the message – “Jailbreak succeeded”. Now you have a jailbroken iPhone.
If the jailbreaking gets stuck in the middle for more than 5 minutes then, you should close all windows including the TaiG window and remove the iPhone from your PC. Then uninstall Apple software from your PC like iTunes, Quicktime or Safari – restart your PC and then try again using the TaiG tool to jailbreak the iPhone. You can install the removed software once the iPhone is jailbroken.