In the beginning of this year, we posted about the new Tab Menu feature in the Opera browser (it was relatively new feature for Opera back then) and how you can toggle it easily through the Opera browser’s settings. But it appears that Opera has removed this option from the usual settings and you are now no longer be able to disable the Tab Menu even if you do not like it. But after some inspection into the matter, I found out that Opera has actually moved this feature into the Advanced features list in the latest version (earlier it was in the Experimental features section). Opera enables the Tab Menu by default , so you may want to disable it if you are not so excited about accessing all the open tabs via a special tabs menu.
Anyhow, you can follow these two steps to disable the Tab Menu feature in Opera if you do not find it useful or you do not like it or for some other personal reason of your own (tested to work in Opera 30.0.1835.125) :
- Open the Opera web browser, type opera://flags in the address bar and press the Enter key. This will open the experimental features section. Type tab menu in the search box and when the Tab menu with recent tabs feature appears, change its state to Disabled. You will have to relaunch the browser by clicking on the Relaunch button for the settings to take effect.
- After Opera has restarted, type opera://settings in the address bar and press the Enter key. This will open the Opera settings page. You can also use the hotkey Alt+P to open Opera settings.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the settings page and check the checkbox Show advanced settings. This will make Opera display even more settings.
- In the Search box, type tab menu to narrow down the setting we are looking for.
- Now you will be able to see the setting we are interested in. Uncheck the checkbox labeled Enable tab menu in order to disable tab menu feature.
- The setting takes effect immediately. The Tab Menu disappears instantly and there is no need of restarting the browser.
Synopsis: Opera has moved the Tab Menu feature to the advanced features section. In order to toggle the Tab Menu, now you can make the changes from under the Opera advanced features section.