Windows 10 is finally here and can be installed via the updates in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. But many people do not want to go through the automatic updates route and want their own Windows 10 DVD so that they can install Windows 10 anytime they want at their leisure. Besides Windows installation media (whether it is USB flash drive or a DVD) can also be used for installing Windows 10 on a brand new PC. Fortunately, Microsoft has made it extremely easy for you to download the official Windows 10 ISO file through its Media Creation Tool. Using this tool, you can create either a bootable USB flash disk or a DVD for Windows 10 installation. Here is how:
- Download the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. Download the 32-bit or 64-bit version of tool depending on the architecture of Windows you are currently using. Both versions of the tool are able to download 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 10.
- Make sure you have more than 4-5 GB of space free on your computer’s local disk. Launch the downloaded tool, select the option Create installation media for another PC and click Next.
- Choose the language, edition (Home, Home N, Home Single Language, Pro and Pro N) and the architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) and then click Next.
- Choose the type of installation media that you want to create. For creating a DVD media, you have to select ISO file option and click Next.
- You will be asked for a location where you want to save the downloaded ISO file. Choose a disk drive with enough space for storing this ISO file which can take around 4 GB of space. By default the file name is automatically selected to be Windows.iso, but you can change it to anything you want.
- After this, it will start to download the ISO file. The downloading may take anywhere between 20 minutes to 2 hours (or more), depending on your internet connection speed.
- After the download is finished, you will be shown the downloaded ISO file folder and option to burn it on a blank DVD media. You can use any DVD burner program like ImgBurn to burn the downloaded ISO to a blank DVD disk.
This way, you can have your very own Windows 10 DVD installation disk within 20-30 minutes. And because it is downloaded from Microsoft’s own servers, it is completely trustworthy and untouched.