In the older versions of the Facebook app for Android, when you touched on any of the links pointing to they were opened in any of the web browser apps installed in your smart-phone. But in the latest versions of the Facebook app for Android, the external links are not opened in any third-party web browser – they are opened inside the Facebook app itself and you are given a choice to open them in other browser apps. As with any other web browser, the Facebook app also stores some data accumulated when you browse such external links. For example, browsing history, cookies, and other such data keep piling up in the Facebook app.
Fortunately, you can clean this web browsing data from the Facebook app for Android easily. Here is how:
- Open the Facebook app in your Android smart-phone.
- Touch the menu button to open the small menu in the Facebook app and select Settings from there.
- Touch on the text that reads Clear Your Phone’s Browsing Data.
- You will be shown a confirmation prompt from where you have to select Yes to proceed further.
- That’s it. It instantly clears the web browsing data from the Facebook app without any further information. The only way you can tell is by reading the text in the Settings about when the last time it cleared the browsing data.
Signing out from the Facebook app for Android is not enough for protecting your privacy. Your Facebook activity can still be tracked through the browsing data which must be cleared. Fortunately, the Facebook app for Android itself offers an easy and quick way to clear the local web browsing data stored in your phone.