I am a long term use of the popular Avast antivirus, but I do not appreciate it when someone tries to install on my PC without my permission. After using the Avast antivirus on my Windows 10 computer for more than a month, all of sudden I noticed a new shortcut icon on the desktop named Avast SafeZone Browser. I remember clearly that I had deselected everything during the installation except the Web Shield and the File System Shield. Even then, it managed to install this web browser on my PC. Since I already have more than three web browsers installed, I decided to remove Avast SafeZone Browser from Windows.
Here is how you can remove it:
- Press the hotkey Win+X to open the administrator menu and choose Control Panel from this menu.
- In the Control Panel, open the option to Uninstall Programs listed under Programs and Features category.
- Double-click on the Avast Antivirus in the list of installed programs. This will start the Avast setup installer.
- In the Avast setup installer screen choose to Modify the installed packages.
- From the list of installed packages, deselect SafeZone Browser and click on the Change button.
- After some changes are made, it will ask you to restart the Windows. After rebooting Windows, the SafeZone web browser will be completely removed from your PC.
Avast SafeZone browser offers many security related features like multiple-layer protection from malware, protection from unsafe content, protection from phishing web sites, price comparison when shopping online and more. There is no real reason to remove SafeZone browser from your PC unless, like me, you already have many browsers installed and have little space left on the hard disk.