The Instagram app is quickly becoming one of the most installed and used apps in the Android as well as iPhone smartphones. Even though the Instagram app uses the smartphone’s default language during the installation, you might not be using your desired local language for Instagram. Fortunately, it is very easy to switch the user interface language for the Instagram app in Android or in iPhone.
In order to change the user interface language for the Instagram app you can follow these steps:
- Start by launching the Instagram app in your iPhone or Android device.
- In the Instagram app, tap on the user icon near the bottom-right corner of the app to open your profile.
- On the user profile screen, touch on the menu icon (looks like three vertical dots) to open the profile options.
- On the user profile options screen, tap on the Language option.
- When a list of the languages is displayed, you can choose any one of them and it will switch the user interface to that language instantly.
- Later if you have to switch to the original or default language (usually English) that your smartphone uses, then you can follow the same steps but choose English from the languages list.
The Instagram app offers a large number of languages that you can switch to easily. The documentation on the Instagram site (https://help.instagram.com/111923612310997) tells you to switch the Android or iPhone system language which changes the interface language of the whole device and all other apps. But this is not necessary, you can change the language only for the Instagram app as explained in the steps above.