Recently, when I tried to install a new app from Google Play Store it refused to download or install the app and instead showed an error message that read: “Can’t download the app – This app can’t be downloaded. If problem persists, get help troubleshooting (Error code:924)”. This means that Play store is doing something in the background which is preventing the new apps from being downloaded or installed. You can either wait it out and see if Google Play store is going through an update phase, or you can follow these steps:
- Open Android system settings in your phone. This can be done by going to the apps drawer and tapping on the Settings icon from there.
- On the Settings screen, choose Apps from the list of all the options.
- On the Apps screen, swipe the screen from right to left two times to view the list of all the apps running and installed on your phone.
- Locate the app named Google Play Store and tap on it. When the App Info screen comes up for Google Play Store, tap on Clear Cache button to remove all the Play Store cache.
- Try to download the app in Google Play Store now. If it succeeds then everything is alright. But if it still fails, then go back to step 4 and this time tap on the button Clear Data to remove all the Play Store data.
Conclusion: Most likely the error 924 in Androids Play Store app is because of the pending changes initiated by the Play Store. You can either wait for 30 minutes while the changed are taking place, or you can take matters in your hands and clear the app cache to fix the problem.