Back in the 90’s most of the families watched the TV shows and documentaries through cable TV or satellite TV. But all those things are now a part of history. These days people are switching to on-demand streaming services like Netflix, xfinity or Amazon Prime Video. The benefit of these on-demand services is that you can access them from a range of different devices from home, office or anywhere else. For example, if you have Amazon Prime Video subscription then you can watch movies or TV shows through it on your smart TV, on your smartphone or on your desktop computer as you please.
But if you setup Amazon Prime Video on all of your devices, it is inevitable that your kids will try to watch their favorite shows through it too. It is only necessary that you make sure that Prime Video is safe for the kids to watch. You can quickly change the Prime Video settings to make it safe for the kids. Here is how:
- Launch the Prime Video app in your smartphone.
- Tap on the menu icon and select Settings from the menu.
- On the Amazon Video Settings screen tap on Parental Controls option.
- On the Parental Controls screen, you can tap on Viewing Restrictions.
- You can choose the appropriate age group from the list to set the age restrictions. If you have little kids you love to watch the cartoons, then All would be a good setting. For older kids who watch Harry Potter movies, a 7+ setting will do fine.
This setting is applied to the Amazon Prime Video account and so you do not have to apply it all the different devices separately. You can make a selection of which devices this age restriction setting has to be applied from the list of devices given on the settings screen.