ESET NOD32 antivirus is one of the best security software for Windows based computers. I have been using it for some time and am extremely pleased with it. It does not consume many resources and you barely notice that it is running in the background despite the fact that nothing goes unchecked by this antivirus software. It is so much better than some of the other security products that turn your PC as slow as a snail taking a nap.
One of the features of ESET NOD32 Antivirus is it ability to block any website by specifying part of the domain name. Here is how you can block websites using ESET NOD32 antivirus:
- Right-click on the system tray icon of the ESET NOD32 antivirus and choose Advanced Setup from the menu that shows up.
- In the Advanced Setup window that opens up, select Web and Email → Web Access Protection → URL Address Management and then click on the Edit.
- In the window that appears on your screen, select List of blocked addresses and then click on the Edit button.
- You can add as many web addresses as you want that you want to block. You can use wild-cards and supply only partial domain name.
- Click on the OK buttons to close all the open windows and save the settings.
Now if you try to open these websites, you will see the familiar URL blocked message from ESET NOD32 antivirus instead of the website. And if you want to unblock the blocked domain addresses then you can repeat the same steps except for the last few ones where you have to remove the domain names from the list of blocked addresses.